The start-ups will pitch their businesses in front of a panel of experienced investors on the 9th April. The two best pitches will be chosen to present in front of the 300+ summit attendees, with the winner chosen through a live audience poll of the attendees. Applications will close on January 30th.
The start-ups will also be able to network with the attendees of EyeforTravel San Francisco Digital Summit 2018. These include decision makers from brands including Expedia, Priceline, Lola, Cathay Pacific, IHG, Hilton, Air Canada, Booking.com, Disney, Choice Hotels, Accor and many more.
“The 2017 Startup Awards were a fantastic opportunity for us to get in front of so many of the industry movers and shakers. The focus, exposure and third party validation these events bring to fast growing businesses like ours are an invaluable step, which accelerates the journey to success.”
Charlie Cadbury, CCO, Lola Tech (2017 winner, EyeforTravel North America 2017)
The judges for the 2018 awards include:
- Bruce Rosenberg, Chief Operating Officer,HotelPlanner
- Nathan Bobbins, Senior Director Product innovation, Travelport
- Matt Zito, Managing Partner, Travel Startups Incubator LLC
- Brian Harniman, Managing Director, Brand New Matter, Inc
- Seth Rosenfield, Managing Director,Petsky Prunier
- Kurien Jacob, Principal – Highgate Ventures, Highgate Hotels
- Amir Amidi, Managing Partner – Travel and Hospitality Centre of Innovation,Plug and Play Tech Center (TBC)
- Utpal Kaul, Head of New Product Incubation,Carlson Wagonlit Travel
- George Rabian, CEO,Steelhead Ventures
“I honestly believe that the disruptors in the travel scene will be those who can really tap into the latent needs that the market has and deliver a service that beats the traditional suppliers” said Tim Gunstone, MD of EyeforTravel, “For the past 8 years, we have consistently made EyeforTravel San Francisco the centre of innovation in the travel industry and 2018 is no different – expect to see the disruptive technologies and business models that will change our business”.
All successful start ups receive a subsidised pass to the conference. For more information about the awards and to find out how start-ups can enter, please visit http://events.eyefortravel.com/san-francisco-summit/startup-village.php
Contact the team directly at – renu(at)eyefortravel(dot)com
Head of Digital & Content