Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- The big holiday 2017 e-commerce wrap-up: Adobe, NRF, Salesforce, Amazon point to another record season
Jan 17, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
Adobe reports 2017 holiday e-commerce revenue climbed to $108.2 billion, beating forecasts by nearly $1 billion.
- Search strategies — What worked and what didn’t for the 2017 holiday season
Jan 17, 2018 by Digital Marketing Depot
This Thursday, join our experts as we explore how search marketing strategies fared in the 2017 holiday season. We’ll share results of a year-end survey that reveals how marketers adjusted their search strategies in 2017 and take a look at overall results of the shopping season to see if those efforts paid off.
- Four ways to fix the social data disconnect
Jan 17, 2018 by Nate Elliott
When companies try to use social data for providing insights, they very often fail. Contributor Nate Elliott offers four ways to fix this problem.
- Adobe launches commerce-based microservices across its clouds
Jan 17, 2018 by Barry Levine
Other enhancements include Sensei AI-powered image optimization and personalized Fluid Experiences, plus a preview of profile targeting in physical stores.
- ContentSquare adds AI to become a ‘fully automated’ provider of experience insights
Jan 17, 2018 by Barry Levine
New Auto-Zone algorithm automatically categorizes and learns components in a site, removing the need to configure new elements via a dashboard.
- Freckle CEO: Every single online KPI goes away with better (offline) attribution
Jan 17, 2018 by Greg Sterling
In a wide-ranging interview, Freckle founder and CEO Neil Sweeney offers his provocative assessment of location data, beacons, programmatic, multi-touch attribution and where it’s all going.
- YouTube sets stricter rules on videos that can carry ads
Jan 17, 2018 by Ginny Marvin
Advertiser brand safety concerns are driving more changes at YouTube.
- Understanding AdWords keyword match types for manufacturers
Jan 16, 2018 by Dianna Huff
With much of AdWords’ help documentation geared towards retailers, it can be confusing for manufacturers to figure out how best to utilize the platform. This guide to match types for manufacturers from columnist Dianna Huff can help.
- 10 great reasons to book your ticket NOW for SMX West!
Jan 16, 2018 by Marketing Land
The largest gathering of the search marketing community is happening March 13-15 in San Jose, California. Search marketers from around the globe are flocking to SMX West for three days of unrivaled training alongside industry experts in a warm, welcoming environment.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 5 Strategies to Get More Instagram Followers, Simply Measured
- Get the Most Out of Your Bid in the Facebook Ad Auction, Facebook Business
- How the Big Media Companies Are Winning at Social Video, Tubular Insights
- How to Make Your Mobile Marketing Amazing in 2018, Small Biz Trends
- How To Rank Your Videos Number One In Youtube, Search Engine People
- How Top eCommerce Companies Utilize CRO to Stay Ahead, 3Q Digital
- Implementing Your Social Media Strategy for 2018: What You Should Know, Social Media Explorer
- The Antitrust Case Against Facebook, Google and Amazon, Wall Street Journal
- TWiT is suing Twitter, alleging breach of contract and trademark infringement, TechCrunch
- What Are The Best Times To Post On Facebook, Ignite Visibility